Friday, December 21, 2007

poor baby!


My little puppy had surgery today! I know it doesn't sound very traumatic, but he is quite distressed. And he's not really a puppy. But his knee was giving him some trouble--here's the story...


He was born with a bad leg--his right hind leg is a little crooked, but that certainly doesn't stop him from being ADORABLE. Anyway, he is quite rowdy....FUNNY! That's his name!...and he plays around with our other dog, Trinity (I tried to get my mom and my lil' sis to name him Neo--Dad and I thought that would be awesome, you know, Trinity and Neo, and they're both black...) and he would limp every once in awhile after a particularly trying scuffle in the backyard.


Well, a few weeks ago, he started limping more frequently. We took him to the vet and found out that the space where the kneecap goes (I know nothing about anatomical terminology in canines) was too shallow for his kneecap so it kept popping out of place.


Long story short (ish!), he had surgery today to scrape out some of the bone to make more room for his kneecap. There will be over twelve weeks of recovery and physical therapy, and a few weeks of heavy medication, but he'll be fine. He's quite drugged up right now, and I wish I had a picture, but his shaved and stapled leg would probably frighten most. It sure freaked me out.


Best wishes to Rowdy for a happy, Elizabethan collar-free recovery!


Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hay look! compy and plato are in the pic too! (:

hrobins said...

Ohhh, Plato. And my graduation gown, I think...