Sunday, December 30, 2007

after-Christmas sales, anyone? the worst segue of all time

I love them! They're so great! I was at Target just now and I bought four packages of recycled-paper Christmas cards and a container of 82 (count 'em, 82!) ornaments for the apartment next year. How much did I spend? Just over TEN DOLLARS! It was $10.31 or something like that. AMAZING!!

This is a really horrible segue, but shopping for next year led me to think about next year and what will happen then (and this summer)...


APARTMENT!

Yes, indeed, folks. Our very own kitchen, a living room (my personal favorite), and three bedrooms for the five of us. Giant walk-in pantry, a dining room, and only one bathroom but it doesn't even matter because all of us shower at different times anyway. My mom bought me this great cookbook for Christmas that contains recipes for dishes containing three, four, or five ingredients. My vegetarian friend has three vegetarian cookbooks. Furniture is heading our way, and everything looks like it's going to work out well roommate-wise. YES!

I think about it nearly every day. I imagine us inviting friends over for dinner or movies or just to hang out. I know it won't always be perfect, and obviously we really won't see each other very often [let's see, I will live with a pre-med, a fellow music major (also pre-med), a music ed major, and a lit major (also pre-med)...] but that's fine with me.

And this summer will be SO fantastic. I won't have to work at Quizno's (I know, I just said I love the place, but another summer there would eat what's left of my tolerance for it), I will be living with my friends, and I will be in my beloved city. It's not that I don't love my family. I just don't love Plainfield, and there are so many more opportunities in the city for singing and many more places to hang out. And more work. Anywho, one of my roommates is taking physics (woo-hoo) and the other will probably work. Like moi.

Girls, if you're reading this, know that I love you. Y'all are the best bunch of people I could ever have hoped to meet and have the chance to live with. Here's to happy times and to figuring out who's responsible for groceries!! =)

Peace

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for leaving out the biology major!

Anonymous said...

ooo and since im not taking a bio class anymore, do want to do greek together? (:

hrobins said...

Umm, HELLO! You're the "pre-med"! And I'm not sure about Greek...I'll have to think about it.

Anonymous said...

oh i see but just so ya know im not pre-med. they're very different ya know....the whle NOT having to take physics thing....(:

hrobins said...

Okay, well, you said you wanted to do medical research and that sounds pretty pre-med to me. =) Whatever it is that you do with your life, I will always love you!

Anonymous said...

awww yay! (:
and i hate the word verification-i cant always make them out!

hrobins said...

Yeah, well, that's how I keep creeps from writing comments. =)