Sunday, February 17, 2008

so about last night

I'm feeling quite a bit better now. I was a little cranky in my last post, but I've realized that I should be rather grateful that I don't have to learn anything new at the moment.

Anywho, last night was great. Melissa and I watched "Take the Lead" with Antonio Banderas and it was FABULOUS. There's nothing like a good dancing movie to get you feeling chipper. Then I read some. That was refreshing also--I read a few chapters of Matilda (yes, the one by Roald Dahl) before going to bed, and I have to say that no matter how many times I read it, I just can't resist another go! She's just this crazy-smart little girl and all of the adults around her are idiots and she punishes them. I mean, seriously, how awesome is that?! And then she's adopted by her teacher, which is kinda weird, but given the circumstances and the author, it's also completely understandable. Honestly, fantastic. I believe it's on my fave books list to the right...

I'm also reading Chesterton. I wanted to read Orthodoxy, but I found The New Jerusalem first so I've been chewing on that for a few days. The book itself is an eighty-seven year old copy and it flakes all over me while I'm reading it--just these little pieces of paper floating down out of the inside of the spine...mmm. And it smells all old-book-ey! As for the actual writing contained in this wonderously ancient physical book, I have not yet read enough for a thoughtful reflection, so you'll have to forive me. I'll get to it later.

Peace

No comments: