Friday, June 20, 2008

wright on the report

N.T. Wright was on the Colbert Report last night! I am such a nerd, and I know this because as soon as Steven said, "And my guest tonight is Bishop N.T. Wright..." I just about fell out of my chair. I waited and waited for the interview portion and at last! it came and I basked in the joy of Wright and Colbert talking very peacably with each other.

Wright was discussing his new book, Surprised by Hope (umm, is it just me or does this sound a bit like Surprise by Joy in the same way that Simply Christian sounds a bit like Mere Christianity...just sayin') that I cannot wait to read. He was absolutely gracious and awfully charming. It must be his adorable accent. Or the fact that older clergymen are just generally charming in my experience. Whatever the reason, I was captivated. I'm sure that you could find the video of the interview at Comedy Central's website. Check it out!

Peace

No comments: