Thursday, July 17, 2008

tricky tuesday

Yeah, I know it's Thursday, but this post is about Tuesday. This Tuesday I started house-sitting for my supervisor/professor, and the morning went well. I watered plants, became familiar with the kitchen, showered, and basically situated myself in my new dwelling place. After all that, I came back to campus and visited with my friends, did some work in the library, the usual.

It was Tuesday evening and night that were terrible. That evening I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to distract myself from the fact that I was utterly alone. Something that you don't realize when you've never lived alone is how terribly sad it can be. So, I read on the porch (and got to at least see some people) after making dinner, and watched some weird TV shows. Then I decided that I should try to sleep. So, I pulled out the sofa bed and laid down to sleep, and got to sleep for about an hour. The rest of the night was awful--I laid there awake for an hour freaking myself out and eventually woke my dad up because I had to talk to someone. So then, I napped for about fifteen minutes at 2am, forty-five minutes or so at 3:30am, and fell asleep somewhere between 4:15 and 4:45am and woke up to the sun at 5:30. Once the sun was up, I was able to sleep a little more soundly. But yeah, awful.

So last night my awesome friends came over to the house with me for a little while and now I don't feel so isolated. It just helps to know that someone knows where I'm living!! =) Now that I've proved myself to be completely insane, I will sign off and leave you to your confusion about my irrational anxiety. Yay!

Peace

No comments: