Thursday, January 10, 2008

the great return

Wow! 'Tis the week for blogging! Don't get used to it--classes start on Monday and it's going to be another doozy of a semester. Ten classes again! There is hope, however--next semester it may tone down a bit...maybe.

Anywho, here I am, back on campus, happy as a kitten on a window sill. Mom and I were up earlier this morning than I have been this past month and we stopped at my sister's school to drop off her mouthpiece (she plays the euphonium), and then Meijer for some groceries so I wouldn't go hungry. The ride was quite fun, actually, though I did most of the talking. Mom always gets a little quiet when we're driving back to school, especially in the mornings.

We arrived on campus around 10:30 and dragged all of my stuff up the stairs (I actually only brought back one more bag than I had taken home...cool!), after which Mom left. I unpacked in record time.

The staff meeting was great! I'm working with five other girls and our brilliant coordinator, Laurie. My co-leader is awesome, and I think this weekend is going to be a blast. I love working with new students, but I think that this orientation will be even more fun than Fall Threshold because there are fewer students, thus, more personal interaction. YAY! We ate together (automatic bonding--Jesus knew what he was doing with that table fellowship business, no?) and talked for about two hours--tons of planning, gabbing, laughing, and volunteering for the myriad of jobs available during the weekend. I'm apparently responsible for presenting "things the computer services people don't tell you during the computer orientation session" tomorrow, and I have no idea how that's gonna go down. I have a nice list of things to talk about, though, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I am so psyched to be back, but I still miss my friends! I have a good friend of mine on staff with me, but she's leaving for a leadership retreat Saturday morning!! AHH! And because my computer's broken, I have to use the ones in my dorm...oh, wait! Those won't let me log on. Which means I'm in the library right now, typing away on the loudest keyboard I've ever used. I can't wait to see everyone! And go to class! But it will be much better tomorrow when we have bodies on campus!! =)

Peace

No comments: