Ten things that made me smile this past week:
1. Melissa was in town for Kat's wedding and we got to chat for a few hours in my very humid living room. Yay! I'm so excited to go to Colorado for their wedding next week!
2. I'm going to stay with some good friends from church, and I spoke with the mom of the family and she was telling me about all of the lovely things that they're doing to ready my room and whatnot. It's all very surreal, and very happy. =)
3. Packing is going well. What a relief!
4. My boss is letting me borrow one of our cheese vans to move some of my furniture to my parents' house this weekend so I don't have to rent a truck!
5. I've taken to looking at skeins of handspun or hand-dyed yarn on Etsy because it is knitter/crocheter/spinner porn. There is nothing quite so beautiful as a hank of alpaca-silk blend.
6. Today, I was paging through my copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking and drooling over recipes. It was very inspiring.
7. My mom won the Biggest Loser competition at my parents' gym! She's going there today to pick up her "goodie basket"---does it contain carrots?
8. I'm craving samosas today like nobody's business. It's starting to drive me crazy, but in a really good way. I've been smiling as I reminisce about great samosas past...yum.
9. I slept over at a friend's house last night in AIR CONDITIONING! YAY! Also, it's been only 80 degrees today, a beautiful respite from our heat wave of 90+ over the past few weeks.
10. I was talking to Constance about when I could be chrismated...it made me really happy. I'm not ready, but I also know I'll never be ready, so whenever Father Pat would like to do it is fine with me!