Sunday, May 11, 2008

summer plans

It's summer now. I'm officially home in Plainfield and looking forward to a summer full of activity, since that seems to be the only way for me to live! =) Needless to say, I already have a bunch of plans:

1) Work. At what used to be a Quizno's. I've been there three years and this will be my fourth summer, so I'm a little tired of the space, but I definitely have some SWEET privileges there--I make my schedule, decide what I'll be paid, and basically run the store. Nice.

2) Ride my bike to work to save money. I may be going to Israel for a dig next summer, so I definitely need to start saving for that, but I'm also going to be visiting my friends in Chicago as much as possible. Also, after riding my bike a ton all summer, I'll be so cardiovascularly in shape you won't even be able to handle it!

3) Read. My friends and I are reading C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy and I'm STOKED!

4) Learn. I'm researching sexuality in light of our being in the image of God. Therefore, I shall be wrestling my way through Theology of the Body. Yes!

5) Learn Greek. I tried last summer to teach myself NT Greek but got stuck at grammar because I barely knew English grammar. With my newly-developed understanding of English grammar (thanks to Joel Willitts and the lovely Sentence Diagramming book for this) I think it will be at least somewhat simpler. If any of my biblical studies colleagues are reading this and want to give me a hand, it would be much appreciated...

6) Crochet. I still have a little bit of birthday money left and I want to use it to buy materials for prayer shawls. I think that crocheting prayer shawls is a very neat way to minister to people that we don't see every day, and I could think of a few folks who I could give them to. It should be fun!

That's about it for now. I need to finish unpacking...

Peace

No comments: