Thursday, April 3, 2008

new leaf

Haha--I've been saying that all day and I've only just realized how appropriate it is that I should declare my new leaf on one of the first true days of spring.

For those of you unfamiliar with this phrase, and there are many from what I observed today, "turning over a new leaf" means that one has decided to do something differently in their life. To turn over a new leaf is to move from something that is not working to something that is. It's rather significant and should have a more dignified cliche attached, but I suppose there are worse cliches...

Anyway, the new leaf is this: From this day forward, with God's help, I shall be open with those whom I consider to be friends and not bury my negative emotions until they overwhelm me. I commit to being at all times as genuine as I can be, and to work to improve my capacity for intimate friendships. Please pray for me and hold me accountable--I'll need all of the help I can get!

Thanks y'all.

Peace

No comments: